Like the name suggests, Invisalign are nearly invisible aligners that move teeth little by little into a straighter smile. Contact us today with any questions or concerns you may have about Invisalign.
If you’ve been avoiding orthodontic treatment because you hate the idea of metal braces on your teeth, you owe it to yourself to ask about aligners.
Continue reading to learn why more and more patients choose Invisalign for teeth straightening.
Why Invisalign for teeth straightening
- Unrestricted DietSince teeth aligners are removable, you can continue eating your favorite foods during Invisalign treatment. However, you’ll need to make sure you brush and floss after meals so you don’t stain your clear aligners. In comparison, people with braces have to avoid eating sticky or hard-to-chew foods like caramel. Otherwise, they risk damaging wires and brackets.
- SubtleOur Invisalign dentists recommend clear teeth aligners for patients who would feel self-conscious about metal wires and brackets on their teeth. In fact, Invisalign is subtle enough to go undetected by most of your friends, family, and co-workers.We understand that you may not want to draw attention to your orthodontic treatment, which is why we recommend you schedule a consultation with our dentist to discuss Invisalign.
- Less BulkyInvisalign aligners are custom fit to your smile so they don’t feel (or look) bulky. For this reason, Invisalign doesn’t irritate your gums like traditional braces. Since Invisalign exerts pressure to move teeth into optimal alignment, you will experience temporary dental discomfort for a day or two. However, most of our patients quickly adapt to their new aligners.
- Less Risk of Tooth DiscolorationDental plaque loves to hide along brackets and wires, which is why some patients see tooth discoloration once their braces are removed. It can be disappointing to have your braces removed after years of treatment, only to discover tooth stains. Tooth discoloration is just one of many reasons why patients choose Invisalign over traditional braces.
- Easy Oral Hygiene RoutineSince Invisalign is removable, you can continue your normal oral hygiene routine. People with braces, on the other hand, have to adopt a more involved routine to maintain oral health. For example, when wearing braces you have to thread the floss underneath wires to remove plaque and food particles between teeth.This action must be repeated for each tooth in order to maneuver around each glued-on bracket.Flossing with Invisalign is easy. Simply remove your clear aligners and floss normally. It’s not uncommon for people with braces to stop flossing because it’s too much of a hassle. As a result, they may be more at risk for cavities and gum disease. By choosing Invisalign, you get to avoid all this by maintaining your normal oral hygiene routine.
The Invisalign providers at Plymouth Dentistry are dedicated to helping patients achieve their best smiles through cosmetic dental services. If you are interested in exploring your teeth straightening options, schedule an appointment with one of our Plymouth MI Invisalign dentists at (734) 459-7110.